Call for Proposals of ISS Experimental Themes for Asian Try Zero-G 2022
- Kibo Utilization Office for Asia (KUOA)
- Experiment at Kibo
Overview of Asian Try Zero-G
*Kibo-ABC is an initiative established by the Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF) to promote Kibo utilization and share the value of Kibo in the Asia-Pacific region. Kibo-ABC aims to create bilateral cooperative projects with Japan through the understanding of space environment utilization and accumulated experience of each space agency by conducting multilateral participatory projects such as Asian Try Zero-G in the Asia-Pacific region.
Participating countries/region (in alphabetical order; as of April 11, 2022)
Proposal Categories and Experimental Conditions
1. Category 1
- The results must be visible (in recorded videos) and can be performed onboard Kibo.
- Simple physics experiments that can be performed using items on Kibo (small items can be newly launched to Kibo).
- Experimental procedures must be simple and can be performed within approximately 10 minutes.
2. Category 2
- Experimental conditions are the same as the Category 1, but the experimental proposal must include the rationale and hypothesis for the experiment.
Category１： Individual or group applicants, 18 years old and younger
Category２： Individual or group applicants, 27 years old and younger
June 2022: Final selection
December 2022 - January 2023: On-orbit experiment will be conducted (date to be determined by the on-orbit schedule).
March 2023: Results reporting and award ceremony
How to Apply
< Information >
< Deadline >
May 8 16, 2022 (23:59 JST) for Japanese participants
Please ask the deadline to the agency in your country/region.
Asian Try Zero-G 2022 Secretariat
Z-ATZG ★ ml.jaxa.jp (Please change ★ to @)
※Please write【ATZG Inquiry】at the beginning of the e-mail title.
Unless specified otherwise, rights to all images belong to ©JAXA